Virtus667
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virtus667 is a non-profit Runescape Private Server that just wants to help everybody relive the enjoyment that Runescape once had.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Steele's forum suggestion list - 4/2/14

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Steele_
New Player
New Player

Virtus Points : 36850

Steele's forum suggestion list - 4/2/14 Empty
PostSubject: Steele's forum suggestion list - 4/2/14   Steele's forum suggestion list - 4/2/14 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 1:34 am

Hello all, my name is Hunter, but please call me Steele. Below I have a sggestion list for the forums. There are only forum suggestions because I'm unable to get on the actual server (and it makes me sad). But here goes:

1. Create a board for introductions and farewells.
I've seen many servers use this. It is a friendly board where new players can go to get the welcome they deserve. And that way the existing members can get to know the new players!

2. In this suggestions board that we're in, make sub categories: 'in-game suggestions' and 'forum suggestions.'
I think this is kinda self explanatory. :p It would help cut down on spam.

3. As it stands, a person can auto type as long as it's over 8 seconds. Yes I know we all know this, but I'm getting to the point :p In addition, the spamming rule seems to only cover forum spamming (posts). SO what I'm getting at is a person can have an auto typer set to 9 seconds and be in an area with 5 people and spam the same message and not get punished. I know the moderators have certain discretion, but I'm sure you see my point. I suggest we extend the spamming rule to include covering this.

I appreciate feedback, so don't be shy. That doesn't mean I'll agree with you ;p

Regards,
§teele

EDIT: 1 has been added. 2 might not be possible. 3, unanswered.
I will edit that edit as things are resolved.

Last edited by Steele_ on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Trim
Owner
Owner
Trim

Virtus Points : 46899

PostSubject: Re: Steele's forum suggestion list - 4/2/14   Steele's forum suggestion list - 4/2/14 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 2:45 am

Great suggestions! I honestly thought I had an "Introduce yourself" forum but I guess not. Thank you for pointing that out. Also, I know what you're saying about the sub-titles but I don't think it's possible in our forums. I will definitely give it a shot though! Thank you for the suggestions, appreciate it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Steele_
New Player
New Player

Virtus Points : 36850

PostSubject: Re: Steele's forum suggestion list - 4/2/14   Steele's forum suggestion list - 4/2/14 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 10:05 am

I looked online at the admin control panel for forumotion forums. Sadly, it doesnt appear to be possible. :/
I think we should look in to getting a domain name. It would seriously help with preventing problems like this. Even more importantly, issues with registering... :p
Give me your thoughts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steele's forum suggestion list - 4/2/14   Steele's forum suggestion list - 4/2/14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steele's forum suggestion list - 4/2/14
Page 1 of 1